Monday, February 13, 2006

Flashback--Episode 1

After the GATEcrash yesterday and some chaos management late in the night,i'm back to blogosphere as promised--to take the readers of this little space of mine through a journey that promises to keep you all hooked on to this blog for the next few posts atleast...so without wasting any time,lets get started!!!
None of us may have foreseen me as the VP,TSG except for my Geography teacher in school...Mrs. Bhowmick had predicted that way back in 2002 when i had cleared the IITJEE and had little idea about the gymkhana...quoting her "the last VP from Durgapur was way back in 1989 and somehow i feel you are going to be the next one!!!" and the very next day after i was elected, i was back in my hometown to meet her...just told her "Ma'am your prediction has come out to be true..."....She hugged me and said "So you've become the VP of IIT Kgp...i'm really glad"...a moment i would remember forever in my life...
If any of you have happened to check the "about me" column in my blog profile ,you would have found "never an idle moment in life is what he craves for" as the first words...and this coveted post of VP,TSG of IIT Kharagpur has given me just that...just to go back to the month of April,2005...a day after the official taking over of charge:
Knock!! Knock!!i hear a banging on my door and waking up from my slumber,find my watch reading a time of 1:00 am...the newly appointed president of one of the halls asks me to accompany him to the security office as there had been a "raid" on his hall premises and immediately my mind shouted out "CHAOS"!!!That was perhaps a rare occasion when three VPs had to get together to exercise control over the situation--Saket,Souvik and myself...and just as if this incident wasn't enough,while we were at the security office,another call asking for a raid on another hall...Shew!!!I knew what to expect in the year ahead...If you're still in the dark about the incident being talked about,this should make it more clear...a few days later,i was appointed member of one of the weirdest committees you would ever hear of--the "liquor destroy committee"!!!
Perhaps there's a jinx that's yet to be broken...the day after the official take-over of charge has always been chaotic for the newly appointed VP...It happened with Saket(i don't remember the incident disctinctly) and with Souvik(the suicide case!!!)...God knows what's in store for the next VP!!!
Keeping the first post a bit short,with a promise to remain connected...well,as i said...its still a busy life for me,you see!!!

8 Comments:

Blogger Suhel Banerjee said...

Here you go, post read and comment left:)

But it seems you did not take my advice seriously, this makes much more sense in a book form than blog chronicles, anyway your wish.

Since 'an idle' moment is not exactly what you look forward to, so here's wishing you many more chaotic moments in the last few months of VP dom:)

P.S: My blog has also been updated and I don't mind comments there either:-p

3:35 AM  
Blogger naween said...

i guess the words VP and CHAOS go together :P

5:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

not fair..u started off pretty OK! with 'getting started'! me got geared up to take the plunge but u ended it Shortly!!
Anyways...its ok :) as long as u r the 'bzee VP'!! :D but not After u take off ur charge,ok ??
Cheers :D

1:40 PM  
Blogger Arindam said...

@suhel:you've got an evil mind,err mouth...you wished me and suddenly my life has become the most chatic ever!!!
@whoami:actually its VP and Chaos Management that go together:D
@reshma:arey you've taken the plunge naa...so no getting out of it now...nywayz,this series is gonna end the day i hand over the charge...

7:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

kewl! :D

10:39 PM  
Blogger Naina said...

I have no clue whats going on here...its 2:30am , but i liked it.

1:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

knock knock! anybody here ?? its been silent for so long :(
alas ! :(

7:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no idea.
--------------------------------
My All In One Needs 'Cutter,Kifaru,IHS,Tax,IMI, Cheese,T-shirts'

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home